This policy describes the online information practices and the way your information is collected and used. Please read this policy carefully before visiting or using this website.
cmspanish.com is owned by Carmen María Gumiel Castillo
Your privacy is critically important to me. At cmspanish.com, I have a few fundamental principles:
- I am thoughtful about the personal information I ask you to provide and the personal information that I collect about you through the operation of my services.
- I store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- I aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- I help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- I aim for full transparency on how I gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who I am and what this policy covers
I am the Spanish teacher behind a variety of lessons packs designed to allow anyone to learn and improve his / her Spanish skills. My mission is to help you to improve your knowledge of Spanish in a pleasant and enjoyable way.
- My website:cmspanish.com
- Services that are available on my website
Below I explain how we collect, use, and share information about you along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information I collect
I collect information from you to help me personalize and improve your cmspanish.com experience, to process your online requests, and to send you some other communications.
I collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Me
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a WordPress account to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create a WordPress account on cmspanish.com.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy some of our packs, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. However, the credit card information is never stored in our database or hosting server. This information travels directly to Stripe or Paypal servers using a secure connection.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in the draft and published content (such as for your website or your Polldaddy survey). For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or post a question about your site in our blog.
Information you entered in forms
On certain pages, you have the ability to order products, make requests, order a trial lesson and register to receive news and offers exclusively related to cmspanish.com. The types of personal information collected on these pages are: first name, email address, time zone or country, information about (only when you purchase an item, such as a Speaking lessons pack).
You can always choose not to submit the information requested, understanding that you may be unable to take advantage of some features.
All of your personal data will be used only for purposes for which you submit them.
Information collected automatically
I also store certain types of electronic information when you interact with me on my website.
I also use web analytics tools to automatically track certain electronic information about your visits to my website. I use this aggregate information to do internal research on my visitors’ interests and behavior, to help me better understand and serve them. This information includes the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using and your IP address. I use this aggregate data without connecting it with any personally identifying information.
How secure is my personal information?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use and transmission of your information, I have implemented the appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect from you online.
To protect your information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all of the information that you input into our forms and the information you provide when performing a credit card transaction.
Concerning credit card transactions, we only reveal the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order with you. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
How And Why I Use Information
I use the information that I collect from you to process your requests, enhance and personalize your experience, and, only when you have given me permission to do so, to send you newsletters and other email communications.
I use to aggregate and non-personally identifying information (such as the URL from which you arrive at our site) without using any information that would identify you. For instance, I will use this non-identifying and aggregate information to better design my website and track the results of the marketing and promotional campaigns.
I never use or share the personally identifiable information you provide me online in ways unrelated to those described in this policy, nor will I share your information with third parties without your permission. Your data will only be accessible to and used by Carmen María Gumiel Castillo and only for the purpose for which you submitted them.
Your personal data will be used only for the purposes for which you submit them.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about the legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill the commitments to you under the Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account.
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person
(4) I have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update my Services, to improve my Services so that I can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard my Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of my advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with my Services, and to personalize your experience
To whom your information is disclosed
I may also get information from third party services. To provide strictly required services, cmspanish.com shares data with the following providers under their privacy conditions:
- Hosting: Webempresa Europa, S.L., based in Spain. More information in https://www.webempresa.comWebempresa Europa, S.L. uses data in order to provide its services to cmspanish.com
- Online platform: Automattic Inc., based in EEUU. More information in: https://es.wordpress.com/ (Automattic Inc.). This includes also WooCommerce. Automattic Inc. uses data in order to provide its services to cmspanish.com
How long I keep information?
I generally discard information about you when I no longer need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it and I am not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data
You can request a copy of the personal information cmspanish.com maintains about you, to ask that it be changed or deleted. Please direct requests to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
The welcome offer is only for students who has signed up for the newsletter. Once you are part of our community, the lesson is 5€ instead of 35€. A person can only buy 1 lesson. If the user buys more than one lesson using the promotion, this will be returned and the money will be back into the personal bank account.
While browsing the web cmspanish.com, it is possible to collect de-identified data, for instance, IP addresses, geographic location (approximate) or some other information that cannot be used to identify you. We may also get information from third party services. This webpage uses the following third-party analysis services:
- Google Analytics and Google Optimize: I use this information to analyse trends, study users behaviour on cmspanish.com and know aggregate information about geographic data.
- Hotjar: This tool allows me to analyze the user’s behaviour on cmspanish.com. Personally, identifiable information is never collected. Check terms and conditions of Hotjar on https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/terms-of-service